Tuesday 4 November 2014

Non-Traditional Christmas Colours

The challenge at Less is More this week is to make a Christmas card with no red or green http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/week-196-colour-challenge-non.html and Virginia's View challenge is "All About Metallics" http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/virginias-view-challenge-9.html so I combined the two for my card over on the store blog this week.


I die cut an ornament from Paper Smooches from double-sided adhesive sheet and then covered it in 3 shades of microfine blue glitter to get a shaded effect (I used Blue Purple, Royal Blue and Bluebell - all of which can be found here) and then added the ornament topper in grey and silver.  A bauble needs somewhere to hang and for that I used my new Spring and Berries die from Elizabeth Craft Designs and cut it from silver card and I used the matching embossing folder to add interest to the background.  A simple die cut "joy" sentiment in matching silver was the perfect finishing touch.

It was the first time I'd tried the microfine glitters and I really love them - you can colour with glitter like you do with copics - the shades blend so well together and a little goes such a long way.  I am going to be glittering everything this Christmas!!!!


10 comments:

  1. You have used the silver SO effectively and fabulously!! Love it so much! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention that I also love the micro-fine glitter...so very pretty!

      Delete
  2. Loving your blue & silver colourway. The card is fab !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is utterly gorgeous Tara.
    Love the effect of shadowing with glitter! Hmmm there's a thought!!
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card :) Some one will love receiving that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card . . . and I love all that sparkle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your glittery bauble Tara!
    Super card, it really does look festive!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara - this is fabulous! I love the sparkle on the bauble - the blues are just lovely. I do like the embossed background too! Such a frosty, festive card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Tara!
    Happy Birthday!!
    Sorry to be so late commenting this week, thanks so much for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card with two of my favourite things: glitter and silver card! Love the background embossing too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips