Wednesday 2 April 2014

Prize Challenge Tag

We're launching the first of our monthly challenges over at Make the Day Special Stamp Store today so if you're a fan of US stamp brands and want to get your hands on £15 to spend in store then check out the blog for details of how to join in http://makethedayspecialcards.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/monthly-prize-challenges-start-today.html

As we're starting easy with "anything goes" I decide to do something a little different and make a tag rather than a card....


To make the die cut happy all pink and jolly I went mad with washi tape and selected all the ones I had with pink in them (it seems I have quite a few!!!) and stuck them down in a random order with some overlapping and simply die cut the word using one of the happy trio dies from Wplus9.   I think this is a super quick and easy way to add a lot of interest to a simple project.

The rest of stamping is done with the companion stamp set - whole lotta happy - I added words (some over the washi) in black and pink and then added some of the stars in the same colours to draw the eye to the top of the tag.  I'm not normally a pink girl but I do like the new inks from Avery Elle and was drawn to the raspberry one - probably because I love raspberries but I guess I shouldn't try eating the ink lol!

You've got 3 whole weeks to play in the challenge and the only rule is that your project must feature one product we sell so I do hope you'll join us......     http://makethedayspecialcards.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/monthly-prize-challenges-start-today.html

 

1 comment:

  1. What a great sentiment to brighten someone's special day! I love your cheery tag Tara! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips