Saturday 8 March 2014

Stripes and Flowers

It's time for a new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics and this time you don't have to make a card for a fella so hopefully you'll be less scared to play along!   We have a really simple sketch for you to play with so pop on over and check it out http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

For my card I wanted to play with my new stash (well naturally lol!) so I decided to make my stripes from stamps from Gift Card It as the pretty stamps can be used for anything not just gift cards!


I started with the large frame and stamped just one long edge onto green card with a darker green ink just letting the curve fall off the edge.  I used the two leaf springs on the same green with the same ink and make a pattern for the bottom stripe.  For the centre stripe I opted for some yellow DP - I do love the effect of stamping over a soft pattern and this tiny yellow and white dots was perfect for this.  I stamped the floral bunch all over and then coloured with a couple of copics.  I stamped a sentiment from the same set in the same green ink on the white base card.

I finished with another new product - the lovely funky florals dies and die cut a couple of the flowers and leaves from green and yellow felt and stuck them together over the centre of the top border adding a blingy gem to finish.

We hope you're inspired to join us this week - can't wait to see what you do with the sketch http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/



2 comments:

  1. Oh this is just fantastic! I love the fresh colours, the really pretty patterns you made with the leaves and the lush flower! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara,
    Love your bright and cheery card. That is a great set, love the font. May have to take another look at that one.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips