Sunday 1 December 2013

Merry Scraps

Sunday is here again so it's Make the Day Special Day again - is it just me or does it come around quicker the closer we get to Christmas???

I'm definitely in full on Christmas card mode at the moment, which means I've used a set that's come in and gone out of stock again - Peace, Joy, Love from Lawn Fawn - so I'm sorry if you haven't got it but I hope this is a bit of inspiration if you did manage to snag a set.


I decided to raid my scraps box as it's so full the drawer won't close again!   So I pulled out a selection of scraps in blues, greens and grey and trimmed them to different thicknesses to create my own striped paper.  Once happy with the arrangement they were glued down and the edges trimmed flush.  I then used 4 elements from the set - a single tree stamped in white at the bottom overlapping to create a border, the Be Merry border and fairy lights border were stamped and embossed and then the snowflake border stamped twice at the top.  All that was needed then was a little stickles in lights and hey presto - a card from scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips