Sunday 17 November 2013

Cosmic


One of the reasons I bought the Cosmic Stars set from Mama Elephant was because I thought it would make a really cute calendar.  I have some desk calendars holders so I used one of those and I intend to make a few more -  they're a lot quicker and easier than you might think and make really inexpensive gifts for Christmas so I made one as my project today for the Make the Day Special blog (their shop is currently the only place in the UK where you can get Mama Elephant stamps)

I'll not fill the blog with 12 pictures - you'll get the gist from the couple here:



The actual calendar part is a free printable I found on the internet (here) and I just saved them as pictures and added them to a table in a word document where I sized each "cell" to the size of my desk calendar and then printed them on copic colouring card.

Then it's just a case of stamping each star sign to the left, adding the name from the starry nights companion set underneath and colouring in the images - you could easily knock out half a dozen in an evening I reckon.

I also had a cute idea using the same images to make a card for the current Less is More challenge "to use DP in a CAS way" which I combined with the new sketch at retro sketches.


I just used one scrap of DP with tiny hearts on (Knee Highs stack) and overlayed it with a strip of vellum and embossed a sentiment from Mama Elephant's Smitten set over the join using a little wacky tac to secure it.  I coloured the character with copics and used a craft knife to cut around it so you could see through the bow and arrow.

2 comments:

  1. These calendars are fab Tara and would make great gifts! I love your CAS little DP card too - what brilliant cutting! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cutie Tara!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips