Saturday 21 September 2013

Fanatics Challenge No 2


So just to keep you all your toes - our challenge this fortnight at Waltzingmouse Fanatics is NOT a sketch but a colour challenge - based on the lovely image above ;-)

Now I made a card as soon as I set this challenge - and it worked out brilliantly - but then when I looked ahead of what dastardly really fun and interesting challenges we had coming up, I realised that it would be much more appropriate for another challenge so I had to rush and make another......



I decided to try to use all the colours and whilst the chillies themselves didn't speak to me (I'm a wimp with hot food!) I did stick to a foodie theme and pulled out the little bargain set Big Berries - Strawberry which I've only used a couple of times to date.  I simply inked two berries with two different shades of red ink (HA pale tomato shadow and SU real red) and the stems with two different shades of green (SU certainly celery and gumball green which I know is a bit off for the shade on the photo but we're not that strict at Waltzingmouse Fanatics so I think I'll get away with it lol!)

For the background I used the other two shades - loosely interpreted by me as a kraft base which I stamped with the super cute Pinstripe Mini Backgrounder using Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink which is one of my all time favourite inks - I use it a lot as an alternative to black on masculine cards as the shimmer is subtle and not too girly ;-)  Then it was simple a case of finding an interesting arrangement of the fruits - hard with 2 - 3 would have been more eye pleasing but I didn't have room so I used my sentiment to form an interesting visual triangle and distract the eye from the oddly even fruit.....

Possibly not my best work but I found the colours rather, well, challenging actually - just who sets these challenges?  Oh yeah, that would be me lol ;-)    I hope you all find it much more inspirational than I did - we had such great cards in the gallery for our first challenge so I can't wait to see how creative you can all be.

We're just playing for fun this fortnight but we'd love to see if we can beat the 20 entrants we had last time so I do hope you'll join in :-)    Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge No 2

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Tara, Berrylicious!Love that little pinstripe background, it makes a great backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Oh Tara - that made me laugh! I love the colours, really warm and rich. The big berries are super - perfectly stamped and they work perfectly on the mini background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the big berries. I too wondered if a kraft colour would be ok for that shade, but in the end went with antique linen distress ink :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips