Monday 26 August 2013

Washi-washi

We've been busy out enjoying the sunny bank holiday weather so I'm late to the LIM party this week.   We spent the day at Hardwick Hall today - I'd share photos but my photography isn't great when it's not on macro for cards lol!  It's all about Washi tape at less is more this week and I decided to try and do something different with it http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/week-134-recipe-washi-tape.html


I started with a base panel of DP and edged it with pink after rounding the corners.  I added more white over the top to keep it CAS and stamped one of my favourite ever sentiments (clearly besotted) in the same pink ink.  I made a fishtail banner out of washi tape by sticking two pieces side by side onto cardstock first and tucked that under the main panel.  I used scraps of the banner to die cut some tiny hearts and added a couple of extra layers behind to give them a chipboard feel.  For my main element I decided to use some floral washi tape to make rolled roses.  I die cut a couple of circles and then just twisted the washi tape around making sure bits of the sticky side stuck to the circle all the way around.  I stamped 3 green flowers and then stuck the roses in the middle of each so the outers of the flowers became leaves of sorts.

There are some wicked ideas in the gallery this week - my love for washi-tape is somewhat renewed so I may even have another go later.



4 comments:

  1. Now this IS clever, I'd never have thought to make flowers from washi tape. Fabulous! And thanks so much for your lovely compliment on my blog :)


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washi tape roses is a brilliant idea Tara, the colours make interesting floral embellishments :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to use Washi tape! I love the colours of this card too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw, this is clever Tara!
    WHat a fab idea!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips