Monday 5 August 2013

Bedtime Story Sketch

I only managed to make an entry for 2 of the 3 "on the night" challenges for the Waltzingmouse PJ party but the fourth challenge is open for a week and it's to create something based on this sketch http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/wms-pajama-party.html

I tried and tried over the weekend to make something for this sketch - I had LOADS of ideas but they all turned out pretty "meh" or even worse......

The first idea I had was to play with the two crackle stamps - having one below the band and the other above - which I think is an idea I will return to - perhaps just not in grey on kraft with a black distressed edge which as you can, looks frankly awful!   I tried to pretty it up with yellow and flowers but it just make it look even more depressing.....


My other efforts never made it as far as a card, and so in desperation I had another go tonight using a bit of a background I'd made for another idea that bombed as I really wanted to get in on the first challenge but didn't want to link up my first card!


For this one I used one of the frames from the modge podge melts that Claire is now selling in the store and inked it with adirondak wild plum alcohol ink.  I used it to frame one of the faces from the dolls set and added a couple of flowers either side to match the sketch.  I teamed the rainbow of dolls I'd stamped with black to tone down the colours a bit and then decided to leave the top white as it was all getting too busy with more background stamping above.

Better get linking up before the party closes without me!



2 comments:

  1. Two zingy ccards Tara! I especially LOVE the multi coloured mini dolls!! so cute!! Thank you for taking time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Russian Dolls card - the rainbow effect and that pretty frame are just fab. And I rather like the crackle card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips