Friday 26 April 2013

Giggle Goggles

We did a bit of a move around in the office yesterday and after filling 27 sacks with confidential waste I had a very sore back so I've been laid flat out for most of the day.  I managed a little play tonight for a couple of challenges. 


I combined the sketch for this weeks There She Goes challenge with the cue word of "Giggle" at CASology as I have lots of TSG's humorous stamp sets so it seemed a natural fit. 
http://tsgclearstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tsg204-sketch-challenge.html  and  http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/week-41-giggle.html



I opted for the Cutie Pi set and with a little masking and come pencil colouring had a quick and easy one layer card but still with the overall layout of the sketch.  This set appeals to the Big Bang Theory fan in me ;-)

I also wanted to ink up my new Waltzingmouse stamps and think there is some humour in this card too - more grown up and Mad Men style than the first card.



I used the square frame with grey, brown and black inks to create my backgound, added a strip of DP (Fancy Pants Swagger) and then inked up the circular frame around the "faceless-face" which I love.  I finished with a sentiment from the set in a speech bubble die (clearly besotted)

7 comments:

  1. Love them both! The first appeals to the chemistry geek in me and the second - love this set and what you've done with it.

    I got mine the other day (so loving the US shipping) but haven't played with it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very clever cards, Tara - I love how you come up with such original ideas! Thx for joining us at TSG!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Cutie Pi stamp set and have used it a lot! Great "giggle" sentiment and card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colours of your goggly, giggly card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with our little scientist and her vials! Thanks for playing along with us at TSG - hope you will join us for a new challenge tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little scientist girl and such fun colors on your first card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the humour at TSG as well, I had one of my sets lined up until the engagement card took over!!! the chemistry card is fun, love the row of potions behind her and what a fun card for a guys birthday too :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips