Saturday 17 November 2012

Hardware

The challenge this week at Less is More is "hardware"  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/week-94-theme.html with the idea that we use something metal on our cards.

I've had a pretty stressful week - work is busy, family life is still tough and the stress made my hubby scrape all down one side of our brand new car :-(   So today I definitely needed a little stress relief and for me, that means some serious colouring!   So I took out one of my new kraftin kimmie stamps and set to work on my entry:


I coloured the image with my copics on blending paper and then cut it out to mount it directly onto the base card.  I trimmed another piece of white card with candy cane washi tape and die cut a circle from the middle to reveal the Santa coming down the chimney image.  For my hardware I added a Father Christmas brad and stamped the "no peeking!" sentiment above in red to match the washi tape.

Then I had a flash of inspiration for an alternative take on hardware - I always like to have plenty of male cards in stock so this is my second take on hardware:


For this one I stamped some hardware tools (woodware stamps) onto blending card and coloured with copics.  To add to the hardware theme, I stamped the "metal" parts of the tools using stazon onto plumbers aluminium tape (it's dead cool stuff and only a £1 a roll and its sticky backed!)  I finished with some strips of blue card with a birthday message embossed in white and a few stars punched from the aluminium tape.

So, that's my stress free couple of hours taken care of - back to the grind and the chores.


16 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards - love the hardware card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the santa card, a great image and the Hardware is gret txx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tara, so sorry to hear that stress levels are high and glad you've had a couple of hours of therapy. Love the cards - the peeking santa is fab and look at you thinking outside the box about hardware! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Tara..so sorry to hear you are having such a stressful time at the moment

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara
    Soor to hear bout your card...... Fabby card.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx
    Thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara - both cards are just super, but I adore the blue tools!

    So sorry to hear about the car! Sending you big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great Tara, sorry to hear about the stress, but the satisfaction you must have felt on completing these two beauties must have helped.
    The chap's card is sensational, the use of that tape is inspired... just the sort of inventiveness I love to see.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( thinking of you honey

    Both fabulous cards - top notch talent as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Lovely cards:)
    Found you trough LIM.
    *Hugs, Inger*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely cards, both super! The hardware card is a great take on the challenge. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, look at you.....SO creative with that second card, however, I do enjoy the "fun" of the first card! Excellent cards this week Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards. Both show a wonderful sense of humour. Must remember the tip about the tape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab ideas tara... hope this week has been better

    Thanks for joining us
    Jen
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both such fun and love how you used the tape for the tools :0)
    Hope this week is a little easier.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips