Wednesday 1 August 2012

Sports are for girls too!

It's the first of the month which means time for a new challenge over at St Luke's and what with all the commotion going on over here regarding the little sporting event that's going on somewhere down south ;-) there really was only one challenge we could do this month - sports!   So anything sporty goes this month - I've gone girly with my image, just as a reminder that sports are just for the fella's - girls like them too!   Myself I'm rather partial to a bit of tennis but am hating "Wimbledon" in garish Olympic colours, and as I couldn't find a girly American Football player (yeah I like that too cos I'm a bit weird!) I decided to go with one of our medal hopefuls - Sarah Stevenson who will be competing in Taekwondo (and gave the athletes pledge in the Opening Ceremony) is from a village not far from Sheffield so I'll be cheering very loudly when she struts her stuff on the mat!  (Not sure this is an accurate representation of Taekwondo but it's close enough to get my meaning!)


The image is Magnolia from the Winner Takes All collection, coloured with copics and fussy cut.  The flags are a stamped image from Dimension Fourth stamps (a local company but with online presence and really interesting stamps) again coloured with copics and cut out to form the background.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Very simple card but still packs a punch (yes bad pun intended!)

I'm going to enter it into the following challenges as well as it being the inspiration of our challenge at St Lukes:

http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/12-week-30-sports-theme.html

13 comments:

  1. Great challenge this month....Fantastic card, I never had Magnolia down as liking a bit of self defence ..Lol :0)
    Great sentiment, I couldn't think of a horsey sport related one for my card!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, Tara. Everything goes together so perfectly for the Olympics. Fabulous colouring of karate Tilda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! The image is just perfect and beautifully coloured, as always. I love the Union Flag background too! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Tara and just love this sporting image of Tilda..great colouring too.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taekwondo eh? Well that's thrown down the gauntlet! A great idea Tara! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Tara. Fabby image and your Union Jacks are beautiful.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tara
    Fabulous card .... Really good....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tara, that is brilliant, Tara! The flags are brilliant behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastico! absolutely LOVE the design. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card! I've never been much of a sports person but I'm glued to the Olympics - home ground on all that! Go Team GB lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the Magnolia stamps. In fact, I have quite a few of them...not this one of course, since it would have been VERY helpful for this challenge! LOL! Beautifully colored!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips