Monday 6 August 2012

Daring to get Dirty

I've been a member of splitcoast stampers for a couple of years but I didn't really get it - then last week I started seeing lots of blogs I follow talking about these "secret" challenges so I tried to check them out but because I wasn't a member of the fan club I couldn't see the deets.  Well I like to be in with the in crowd so I joined on Friday - last day of the week long challenges (of which there were over 30!)  I tried my best to catch up but didn't have much time this weekend - I managed to make 2 more cards though combining 6 of the challenges - I just can't tell you what they were!  If you want to find out then you need to join the club too and then this link will work for you http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/dare-get-dirty-f150/


This one uses a docrafts triboss folder which I added more detail to with some stickles on the embossed butterflies.  I stamped and glitter embossed a butterfly (stamps by Chloe) onto vellum and cut it out, cutting out some of the inner details with a finger knife - tricky but effective.  Finished with a simple soft grey sentiment from Waltzingmouse.


I made the daisy on this one with two strips of folded felt and snipped with scissors - the inner yellow is a cm shorter than the outer pink (poor photo - irl its much more pink that red!)  I just rolled one around the other and glued with glossy accents.  I created a bit of a border with echo park washi tape and added some die cut leaves (memory box) with some bling "buds".    Then I went and mucked up the sentiment as I didn't like the first colour I embossed with so tried to be clever and add a darker powder on top - now I have a fuzzy greeting that i will need to cover up with some sort of panel - didn't have time to do that before the challenge deadline though so here it is in all it's fuzzed up glory!

Laters ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Two really lovely cards, Tara. But because I love white in white so much, I have to say that your first card is stunning! I love your vellum butterfly! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips