Saturday 11 February 2012

One Layer Stripes

This week's challenge at Less is More is stripes, and as it's the second week of the month it's one layer week - so stripes but no layers - dang - I have lots of striped paper but no striped stamps! http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2012/02/week-54-one-layer.html

A lot of head scratching and sorting through all  my drawers and I managed to find a couple of stripey things and have actually made 3 cards in the end.  These challenges are good like that, otherwise I just use the same stuff or new stuff all the time - this made me dig deeper and older!!!


This one is a bit outside the box, but I think the train track counts as stripes!  Stampin up wheel and TPC trains, planes and automobiles stamps.  I think this was in part a reaction to my blogging buddy Deborah's news - wish you lots of luck for your move to the States.  Wish we were coming too to share in all that US crafting goodness :-)


For this one I was inspired by Mandi's stamping stripes into nesties but I twised it up an stamped my stripes as a border strip after inking and embossing my nestie shape.  The flower is Hero Arts, clear embossed and glittered.  DI's blended and pearled to make the frame.  The stripes is actually a layer from my papermania cake stand stamp - told you I had to look at things hard this morning!  The sentiment is from an Elzybells set which has just been re-released by Penny Black (yeah!!!)


I'm not so thrilled with this one - very simple embossing folder with a sentiment stamped in the gap that is on the folder.  Just don't think the sentiment works, and I can see this being recycled with the sentiment covered for an non one-layer card.

That's it for a while as I have a very bad headache today - a phonecall at 4.30 am about the alarm at work is probably to blame....   Time for lunch and a quick nap I think!

Catch you later


31 comments:

  1. Hi Tara
    Great take on this weeks challenge ... Fabby cards ...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwy , what a great lot of cards , like them all
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB cards Tara. The track is full of stripes i say lol
    The second is ccver, so effective
    i really like the embossed one actually. Maybe the red happy isjust a little snug, easily soted by whacking anohter over the top eh too good to waste Ooviously not to use for us, you dont want detention he hee

    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara,
    They all look great to me. I love the quirkiness of your first card:)
    Hope your headache has gone:)

    Ps...Hope my package got to you okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Tara, I love the train... great thinking and I really like the embossed one too... there's a little something with the sentiment, but on the whole it looks great!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards tara...love the train card


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW gosh, great collection of cards and love the embossing folder :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards, the train track was a great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three lovely cards. Well done
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have been busy Tara! All great but I love the train!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAB cards, love the train card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW that was quick, and beautiful cards too

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your cards are cute but I love the last one these best. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, I love the train
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with your musing of why these Challenges are of great value. I'm in such a rut it would take an awful lot of idea development to get me out of it - not sure I'm up to that. Which is one of the reasons I so enjoy cruising blogs such as yours :-) Thanks for sharing three of your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All very clever but I think the train track is inspired. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think they are all so fab Tara - my fave is the first - so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola Tara great cards!!! the firts is so swee, the second very bright, but my favourite is the last card, sooooo elegant, beautiful!!!Tara.
    I hope you are better of your headache.
    Have a nice week and a hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fab selection Tara, love the train!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three great cards, Tara! It's kind of cool to pull out older supplies, isn't it? I forget about a lot of the "stuff" I have until I'm faced with a challenge!! Love the embossed card...in fact, I believe I have that folder, and never even thought about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How great!

    I have to say that I particularly love the train one :-}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards - the middle one's my fave (looks like a piano keyboard!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant cards Tara, love the train one. Great take on the challenge.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. very inventive with the railway tracks... brilliant card and the black stripes are so striking against the summery colours on your second card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Tara

    Three beauties here!!

    I love each and every one of them but if I had to pick a favourite would probably go for the middle one. Gorgeous colours and so striking.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done on your three cards. i think they all work brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Three great cards, love the train one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very clever use of stripes, really love your rail tracks. I also like the embossed one, but agree that the sentiment doesn't quite fit. I think it might work better with a more clean and simple sentiment without those flourished lines.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great set of cards....I like the embossed one (hope you caught up on your sleep tho!)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous creations, love them all

    ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips