Wednesday 1 February 2012

Love and Lace for St Luke's Hospice

It's time for a new challenge over at St Luke's and this month we've gone all romantic and are looking for cards with a love and lace theme - not just valentines but weddings, engagements, anniversaries or just a card for the one you love to show how much you care.

For my inspiration card I went very pink and girly with lots of frills - a bit of a departure from my normal style.  I think it would be suitable for either a wedding or an anniversary.


I started with the idea to cut through the top layer of my card and join the gaps back together with my hearts - an idea I CASed from the super talented lady of LIM.  I then added the lace to the bottom section using my sew-easy tool and some thick embroidery thread to colour-match my base mat.  I stamped my sentiment into the top corner of that layer.  I cut my hearts on my cricut, ran them through an embossing folder and coloured the smaller one with a copic.  I carefully ran an inkpad flat over the embossing to get a suede-like effect.  I glued them into place to hold the two sections of card back together and added a pearl heart for balance and detail.  I added a layer of delicate floral paper as a second mat.

There are lots of similar challenges to ours at the moment so I'm entering my card into the ones below as well:

St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge - L'amour - http://stlukescharitycardschallenge.blogspot.com/

Valentines - http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-71-valentineslove-card.html

Lots of Layers -  http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/crazy4challenges-c4c121.html

Stitching - http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-167-stitching-faux-or-real.html

Valentines - http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-69-valentines-tipper-week.html

Embossed, punched hearts  http://cookingitupwithkatie.blogspot.com/2012/01/cooking-it-up-88-punch-me-embossed.html

Do come and play along with us - we have a lovely set of La Blanche stamps as a prize to our favourite entrant.



14 comments:

  1. Tara - this is just so pretty! I love the texture on the hearts, the pretty lace and gorgeous sentiment! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara
    Fabby looove card.....love the lace
    Hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara,
    Your card is so pretty! I love how you gathered your lace and the embossing on your hearts looks fabulous!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty valentine! I adore all the layers- they are luscious. Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely valentines card Tara and just love the way you have used your lace across the bottom a really pretty card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous creation!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Remember, you can enter 3 creations and 3 tips - 6 chances for prizes!!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    Owner of Top Tip Tuesday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TTT, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those hearts really do look like they are velvet embossed! Love how you've sewn the lace trim too :) I think that's it for the romantic side in me for another year! Lol
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Tara, love your hearts. And sewing too...I`m impressed lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty!!! LOVE those dry embossed and inked hearts--a fabulous accent! :) I have a blog award for you over at my part of blogger--I hope you'll pop over and accept it! Happy stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Tara! Love the freshness of this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that sentiment Tara and the split cardstock looks great topped by those lovely textured hearts. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely fabolous. I love the whole CAS design. I particularly love how you've attached the embossed hearts and that lace. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back soon for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips