Saturday 3 December 2011

Less is Green!

I didn't get time to play in my favourite weekly challenge this morning as I normally do every Saturday morning (I cherish my Saturday morning LIM ritual it is my most ring fenced me time of the week!) as I've been out doing my annual Christmas shopping trip with my best friend - 10 whole hours of Christmas hell I mean fun!  However now I've stuffed the presents into corners awaiting time to wrap, I've managed a quick play......

This week the challenge is colour as it's the first Saturday of the month and they've been easy on us, as it's nice and easy and simple - anything green goes!  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2011/12/week-44-colour.html

I've a couple of very quick cards using some stamps that I sent to my blogging buddy Lynne and this is the first time I've made anything successful with them.  Her tree is much more exciting than mine!


For the first card I stamped the prima tree in pearlescent thyme ink onto white card and added one of my new papermania sentiments underneath.  A little green glitter and and couple of green mats - very quick card and I like it but it's not inspirational, nor particularly CAS!


For my second attempt I went with a pamermania mistletoe relief stamp in the same green ink onto a tiny 3x3 inch card which I will probably use as a gift tag.  I stamped a simple black sentiment over the top.  A little more CAS but still not very inspirational - I guess this is what you get when you try to craft when you're knackered - sorry ladies will try harder next week (although it's our works do on Friday so I may be crafting with a hangover......)

Time for some sleep now before Christmas shopping round two tomorrow.....

Night all

Tara x

16 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing. I'm very intimidated by designing anything in green so seeing something as fabulous as these two cards really inspires me to try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing cards Tara. They are both such versatile stamps and look great just as they are or dressed up. Brilliant idea for the mistletoe stamp. Thanks for the mention, bless you.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards Tara, but the second is my fave... love that mistletoe image!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You're so good at CAS - I always wanna add more stuff when I try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Tara
    I love the second, that's a FAB stamp
    Dont envy you that 10 hour shop have to say!

    Thank you so much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards - I am another fan of the mistletoe image althouogh like the tree also

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both great cards but my fave is the mistletoe card.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards, the second is my fav too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the Mistletoe for me too but well done on both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both Tara but that dinky relief stamp is just wonderful and makes such a great card, you could try using some liquid pearls for the berries too :)
    Hope you won round two in the shops!!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards Tara but the second one is a stunner! Hope the Christmas shopping was a little bit fun...! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are lovely but the mistletoe is a real winner for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great cards, love the first one both, the tree and sentiment are great.
    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two lovely cards, that second one is my favourite, so elegant and fresh, lovely image too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like them both. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I am behind in commenting on last weeks card....gorgeous green cards Tara, love the christmas tree and the sentiment

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips