Saturday 5 November 2011

Less is More in Orange and Red

Well it's still Saturday, just, but I am very late with my weekly entry to Less is More this week as we're off work for a few days and have been out and about today - this morning getting my OH's hair cut short for the first time in 28 years!  It's been a little traumatic for him.......

Anyhow, here I am with my orange and red effort - very simple and not at all ground breaking - but I seem to be lacking mojo tonight.


I cut a strip of red card and die cut some flowers from it using my new Xcut dies - I used the "waste" rather than the flowers which is an idea I borrowed from my blogging mate Jenny on this card which deservedly won the ColorQ challenge.  It's popped up on dimensional tape on top of some orange card and I cut one of the flower centre dies out and popped though on foam squares with some orange gems (which were a prize from the Annabelle Stamps challenge I won).  I then repeat stamped a PTI birthday sentiment in orange ink above and below to form a border.

That's me for the evening, will visit other entrants tomorrow and may try something a bit more exciting as an entry myself.

Night all
x

15 comments:

  1. It's really pretty Tara - I really like the touch of sparkle. Not sure your OH picked the right time of year to get shorn! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes simple things are the prettiest and the best... Love the way you have combined orange and red. Not an easy colour combo.

    Good luck,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super, I love the repeated sentiment used as a border, that's a great idea. I agree, Jenny does fab cards doesn't she!
    Thanks so much and enjoy your days off work!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Tara it looks great using the flower negatives. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara, I love the simplicity of your design, that strip of colour is so eye-catching :) Thanks for the shout out *blush*
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely Tara.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the simple ones are the best! I really love the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, love the glittery stitches and your flowers.

    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cheery card, perfect for a happy birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara, this is such a great card - love that colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tara

    What a beautiful card.

    I love the sentiment strips top and bottom of your panel too.

    Is everyone used to the new haircut now? LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tara this looks fab, great idea to pop up the layer so it shows off the negative space (posh words for the waste) :)
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Tara.....love these colours together

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tara - I think this is lovely. I rather like the use of the negative too, and the bling is just right. Simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips