Saturday 24 September 2011

CASual Colours

Back again, this time with my entry for CASual Friday - which is a colour challenge - 3 shades of one colour plus brown and here's my take on it.


It's definately a Waltzingmouse stamps day as my card features only their stamps again.  I've started with a blue top fold base card and I've added my brown in the form of a script embossed chocolate brown strip which overhangs the card.  I've then stamped a WM doily onto white card with aqua ink (shows up better irl than on the photo I'm afraid) and I cut it out, on top of that I stamped a smaller doily from the same set onto aqua card and embossed it with sapphire ep.  I cut that out too and mounted onto the other with foam pads and finished with an aqua pearl centre.  I've then used a WM sentiment "thinkin' about ya" under the brown to finish if off in sapphire but without the ep just the ink so again it isn't show up on the photo as well as it does irl (very poor lighting here today so flash was necessary)

I love the addition of the brown to the blue - not something I'd considered before but from the looks of the other entrants and DT samples - brown could very well be the new black ;-)

Thanks for stopping by - be sure to let me know you've dropped by so I can return the visit
x

6 comments:

  1. I love this Tara. You`ve totally nailed it. Just love everything about it.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a simple and elegant card. What I like most about it is the brown - the embossing, the size of it, the fact that it extends outside the boundary of the card. Awesome.

    cheers,
    Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely - I do like the blue and sweet doilies. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simple design Tara and the use of the colour challenge:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design! That embossed panel hanging off the edge is just delicious! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips