Wednesday 31 August 2011

Red black and grey in the sea....

Just a quick post tonight so I can get in a couple of challenges before the deadlines pass - but tonight's the first time I've had the energy to craft this week after the fayre at the weekend.

I wanted to play in the secret saturday challenge "in the sea" with my new papertrey whale set and I thought it would make a nice, if somewhat unusual, masculine card if I did it with the colours of our creative corner's colour challenge - black, grey and neutrals with a pop of red.


A very simple card to make - I just cut some different grey papers with fancy cut scissors to create my sea, stamped my whale in london fog ink and cut with the matching die.  I added red hearts out of his blow hole and a matching red sentiment for the required "pop" of red.

http://thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/08/challenge-149.html

http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/2011/08/neutrals-with-pop-color-challenge.html

Back later with my DT card for our new challenge at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.

Craftilicious x

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our "In the Sea" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful creation for our theme of "In the Sea" at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Thank yo for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I really like how you used hearts for the water coming from his blow hole. Very simple but clever twist to really make this card stand out! Thank you for sharing your talent with us this week on Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea using red hearts! I love your different cuts to create the waves. A very fun card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew a whale could look so cute! What a fab card. I love the sentiment & the great colur scheme. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card - love the way you've done the waves!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips