Friday 31 December 2010

Happy New Year!

Now I'm feeling slightly less like the creature from the black lagoon and have stopped coughing long enough to colour inside the lines, I thought it was time I made a card again, so I made a couple of Happy New Year cards for my mum and auntie.  I used a Mo Manning image of a little child asleep on his dog and made my own sentiment.  It reminded me of when I was a child and used to fall asleep on the dogs in the pub when my parents took me to the parties on Christmas Day Night when the pub was shut.


This image fits with the theme over on Mo's Digital Challenge which is "Bless the Beasts and Children" so I am going to enter my card into the challenge.  The image is called "Buds" and comes in 4 versions - the one I used can be found here but search for buds if you want the girl or aa versions.

As there is a child in the card, it also fits the theme of "C" on the Anything Goes Challenge Blog, so I am playing along with that this week as well.

I printed the image onto glossy card stock and coloured with copics - I should have added some texture to the fur with pencils, but I was short on time as I need to deliver them today, but I think the copic shading gives a hint of fur.  I double mounted onto plain card stock, added ribbon and a couple of buttons, and mounted onto patterned paper from My Minds Eye - Laundry Line.

Hopefully we'll be able to keep our eyes open for long enough to see in the New Year tonight, but if past performances are anything to go by, we might be emulating the little boy and miss it all again!

Happy New Year everyone - and here's to a very crafty 2011!!!

5 comments:

  1. A sweet card with a beautifully colored image! It reminds me of my grandchildren. They always spend the night with us on New Year's Eve, but can never stay awake to usher in the New Year, no matter how hard they try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the design also. Happy New Year Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehe, I love this image too! Beautiful card, so neat and boyish!
    Hugs, iulia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I am sooo late with commenst this time! Lovely card, I love that image and I can picture you in that pub late on Christmas eve! Thanks for joining Anything Goes this week, K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips