Saturday 31 October 2015

Piecing Naptime

Paper piecing is probably my favourite paper crafting technique.  I do love it so couldn't resist the LIM challenge today.  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/lucky-dip-week-248.html


I used a stamp with a very familiar image in my house - what is is with cats and clean washing????  You'd never find mine in the dirty pile!   This is Newton's Naptime from Newton's Nook and I simply stamped it a few times on a variety of scraps of patterned paper to make a nice comfy pile for him to sleep on.  He's pieced from a scrap of kraft and coloured with lots of lines using pencils to get a tabby look.

As I used a lot of scraps from my snippets drawer, I'll link this up to Pixie's Snippet Challenge when it opens later tonight too http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/

I could do with a little nap myself now!


11 comments:

  1. A cute image that just lends itself to being paper pieced, great make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you`d like this on Tara. What a fab stamp to use. Love all the different colours and patterns you`ve used.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love everything kitty so this is just bootiful in my halloween tinted shades ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is wonderful Tara - brilliant paper piecing too! And also great to see you in the snippets playground :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's easy to tell you love paper-piecing Tara! Simply FABULOUS! Striking fun and a beautiful collection of papers. thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous. I have the same trouble with my dog, but I am not sure I would fancy lying on my dirty washing either!!
    Haa Haa!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a perfect image for paper piecing - love all the patterns on the blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww . . . delightful. That kitty looks nice and snug.

    Please bring a bottle to the bonfire party in the Playground on Thurs night - doesn't necessarily HAVE to be alcoholic of course!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara what a perfect image for paper piecing and a superb card, love it!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little pile of papers, wonderfully done. My kitties are the same, sleep anywhere but their beds!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what fabulous paper piecing Tara and so much of it!
    I loved your card in Simply Cards &Papercraft or what ever that mag was... super stuff and well done on your nomination for best craft shop.. I voted for you!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips