Saturday 5 April 2014

Mixed Messages

Our challenge this fortnight at Waltzingmouse Fanatics is all about getting more from your sentiments.  Clare makes some fabulous sentiment stamps and if you look at all the different sets there is heaps of potential to combine sentiments from different sets to make something extra special from them so that's what we want the fanatics to do - use at least 2 sentiments from 2 different stamps sets.   I used more than 2 and came up with this bleeding heart.......


I took lots of love related sentiments and stamped them into a heart I created by inking through a die cut heart frame.  The sets I used were:

  • My Heart
  • Compact Sentiments Part 2
  • Compact Sentiments
  • Country Labels 14
  • Say it Loud (all year sentiments)

I decided I wanted to go a little grungy - not my normal style but I gave it a good shot!  I spritzed my heart with water and did a little spritzing around the edges with a distress marker and my hand spritz tool.  I stamped some splatters from "Splat that" and then sprayed some copper shimmer over the top.  I finished with the arrows from one of the hearts in My Heart making it fit my bigger heart with masking.

Right - over to you - let's see you getting sentimental!

http://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/challenge-15-mixed-messages.html



3 comments:

  1. Tara - this is brilliant! I love the words you've picked, the gorgeous colours and the subtle shimmer too! Everything about it is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I like how you worked the arrow in and the copper shimmer you added. Claire has a lot of "love" themed stamps to work with. This was a fun challenge; so pleased I was able to play, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not your usual style but gorgeous nonetheless! I love the artiness of it. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips