Sunday 28 July 2013

Bootiful!

I haven't had much time to play in my craft room this weekend as I spent the day yesterday in Bakewell learning the basics of breadmaking.  If you know me, then you know that cooking is as big a passion as crafting (hence my blogging name - combining crafty and delicious) but no matter how hard I've tried, I've never been able to make a loaf anyone would want to eat!  Some very close friends bought me this wonderful gift experience for my 40th last year and I finally managed to get on the over subscribed course this weekend.  As you can see below - it was a huge success - and I finally know where I've been going wrong so hope to put my new found skills into practice with decent additive free bread from now on.  I'll be doing a post about it in more detail on my foodie blog in due course if you're a foodie too and want more info http://craftilicious-thecraftycook.blogspot.co.uk/


I have managed to make a quick little card for this week's Less is More challenge though - a photo inspiration based on a pair of killer black heels from Pinterest.  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/week-130-pinterest-picture-inspiration.html


I went not with shoes but with boots as I love this image and haven't used it yet.  I stamped it in black twice and embossed with clear powder to get the patent look like the shoes from the inspiration picture.  After fussy cutting both, I glued one flat onto a 3x3 card, and then popped the second up a little using pinflair gel.  I stamped a sentiment from the same set - Bootiful Occassions by Stampin Up below and then hand drew a border with a fine liner.


11 comments:

  1. Hi Tara
    Fabulous card.....
    Hope you are well
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmeeee!! and what better place to learn how to make bread, such a pretty little place :0)
    Love those witchy boots too!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Tara, just love those boots. Well done on the bread making, it looks yummy. I hope you had time to do some sightseeing. Beautiful around there.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those breads look yummy, hope they tasted as good as they look!!

    Love, love this card - those boots are just fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card - I saw those killer heels on the LIM Challenge and love your take. Bread looks great too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Tara
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tara, Glad you enjoyed the breadmaking course, I just loove the smell of new bread mmmmm
    Your card is great! The boots look like Witchypoo's and are just wonderful fun, love the dots too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those boots Tara, such a fun image. Your bread looks wonderful I have to own up to using a bread maker:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Congratulations on being showcased!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations Tara on the LIM selection. Those boots are fab - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the showcase from LIM, Tara! Your card was so deserving!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips