Thursday 23 May 2013

Feathery trigger

Kath's provided a stunning trigger image this week that had me jumping for joy as it gives me another chance to play with what is possibly my favourite Clearly Besotted stamp set ever (and yes I have a lot of "favourites" amongst Stephanie's stamps I know!) as the image features feathers ;-)  http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/05/tuesday-trigger-feather-weather.html


I was inspired by the colours of the birds - even though they are some sort of tit I believe, the colours in them screamed peacock to me so I inked up the lovely peacock feather in the stamp set using all the little bits to build it up and came up with this:


I used peacock distress ink and cottage ivy mixed directly on the stamp to get the two tone effect on the feathers and then used 3 inks for the "eye" plus sakura glitter gel pens to get that subtle shimmer you see in peacock feathers.  I stamped the same image 3 times in a fan, the way a peacock does when he is showing off and shaking his tail feathers!  I used a little gross grain ribbon to separate the sentiment which is stamped in peacock DI and Paris Nights momento ink.


7 comments:

  1. Woah! Gorgeous card Tara, love peacock feathers and yours look real!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Fathers Day card and you've coloured the feathers beautifully

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing inking Tara, the colours are spot on an realistic :0) Love how you fanned out the feathers too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such beautiful feathers, great creation, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tara! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips