Saturday 25 May 2013

A jar of flowers

Combining challenges is often quite tricky and you can end up with something a bit "meh" but then other days, like today, everything just aligns perfectly and challenges just combine themselves.  Today is one of those days.

I'm joining in the blog hop at papertrey ink and I picked the second bouquet for my colours http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/05/may-2013-blog-hop-.html  and as the theme at a passion for papertrey is all about nature - flowers fall nicely into place for that challenge too
http://apassionforpapertrey.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/challenge-inspired-by-nature/


Then for my layout, I followed Lesley's photo inspiration at Fusion challenge http://fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/fusion-card-challenge-hypothesis-8.html


So I pulled out "The Sweet Life" stamp set and matching dies along with inks as close to the pti colours as I could find in my supplies and this is what I made....


I stamped and cut 3 large roses and one small one in pinks and oranges and then some leaves in olive greens.   The little mason jar is actually a clearly besotted die cut from white striped vellum and then coloured with copics on the reverse for a watery look.  I stood the jar on some grey dp which I ran through my new stampin up fancy fans embossing folder.  I finished with a large PTI sentiment across the jar.

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blooms Tara - LOVE that vellum jar too!
    So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, Tara! And so perfect for both of these challenges! I thought of doing the very same thing...combining the two with a new jar image. just didn't have time to make it work before heading out on vacation. Really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! Love your blooms and vellum jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very pretty! love your combo of challenges! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love how you layered the blooms, the coloring of your jar, the embossing on the dp, and especially your placement of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful love the vellum vase - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty get well card Tara lovely image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous, Tara - you've used those colours beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. Those flowers are amazing and I love how you stamped the sentitment. Thanks for joining us this week at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card would make anyone feel better. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't you brilliant, Tara!! How perfect to combine those two challenges! (I'm slapping my forehead!) Your bouquet is sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great match!!! Love your jar of pretty flowers and the striped velum makes the perfect watery container :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. I especially love your vellum jar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. I don't know how I missed it on the blog hop, but I spied it at Passion for Papertrey. Love those giant roses and the jar is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips