Wednesday 17 April 2013

Waltzing through the spring flowers

Well it seems as is Spring is finally arriving here in the north of England, although, as the old saying goes "n'er cast a clout til May is out" so I'm not holding my breath for sunshine just yet!  If you're interested in sayings and are unsure what this one means, I've done some research as I was never sure myself despite it being told to me often as a child.  As best as I can tell, it refers to hobnail boots which were worn in the winter and clouts were the nails used to hold them together so the idea is that you wouldn't get rid of any nails until the end of May in case you had to repair your boots as the bad weather could still return until then.  OK enough dodgy linguistics, on with what you came for - some Waltzingmouse eye candy!  http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/april-waltzingmouse-stamps-blog.html


I used the seed packet from Vintage Garden Seed Packet and stamped onto kraft and fussy cut and then I decided I wanted a huge flower to burst out of it so I cut a 3D flower on my cameo and layered it up.  The orange centre is a quilled fringe.  I added some swirly leaves using a die (i forget the brand - they're purple if that helps!)  I then added some DP on the diagonal and stamped the word "flowers" from the seed packet set repeatedly along a strip of the paper I made the flower from.  As I gave this card to my Aunt at the beginning of the month, I pulled out my favourite sentiments from the most useful set ever Compact Family to create the perfect greeting stamped in Rhubarb Stalk ink to match the flower.

I'm also going to enter this into the Creative Card Crew's challenge this week which is to make your own flower http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/challenge-34-handmade-flowers.html 

27 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful big flower, Tara. I love your layout! Gorgeous card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beauty Tara - and we are thinking alike as you'll find out in a day or two! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful flower Tara - looks fab on the kraft seed packet frame you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful blossom on a lovely designed card! Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness Tara! that red bloom sure does 'burst forth"!!! so vibrantly red and beautiful - thanks for sharing that saying as well! It's funny how we say things - and 'know' what they mean in some etheral sense but can't really explain it - and there usually is a good (although old fashioned) reason behind them! Thanks for teaching me something today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bloom in deep red is gorgeous! I love all the layers and grate idea to add it to the seed packet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bold flower! I am sure your aunt will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning flower and such a lovely rich colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!
    Love that big stunning bloom...
    it's such a gorgeous color and perfect on the seed packet!
    And thank you for the tidbit on the saying...
    I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my FAVE WMS sentiments and it looks great with your fabby flower and label combo, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, gorgeous card and design. Love the flower it's fab. Thank you for entering in Creative Card Crew challenge.
    Lou DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow amazing flower :) I love colours you used for this creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your burgundy flower is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow--this is amazing. That flower is a show stopper, and the entire card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is absolutely stunning. I adore that big blossom and the seed packet beneath is so sweet! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so lovely and that flower, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Tara

    What a stunner this is!!!

    Love all the goodies you have used and the beautiful rich colours.

    Hope you have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, that is so stunning, Tara! Fab flower and gorgeous colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OHHHH THAT FLOWER! What a gorgeous color and it's layered to perfection, Tara. Love the look of the seed packet on the kraft with it...makes the lovely red just pop even more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that huge bloom bursting out of the seed packet, and the colours are amazing ! A really elegant card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Tara! Really love the flower! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card and such a beautiful flower! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it Tara!! Flower is wonderful and love the seed packet....sentiment too! 'Kay think I'm okay ith the clouts here....(knock on wood)....I probably shouldn't have said that! Enjoyed the history!

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous...stunning flower!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I so enjoy all the information gleaned from the blogs I visit. Beautiful card and a new (old) expression!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips