Sunday 28 April 2013

True North

Really quick post tonight as I have just minutes to get this entered into the anything goes challenge this fortnight at Cards for Men  http://cardsformen.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/challenge-8-anything-goes.html


I used a couple of Avery Elle sets which are now much easier to get hold of in the UK as Make the Day Special stock them (but I think these particular ones are currently out of stock)  I paper pieced the cute little sail boat from "Knotty" and added it onto waves made with the background border from "fanfare".  Finished with a sentiment from knotty stamped over the compass from the same set.  I added red glitter with a sakura gel pen to the heart on the boat and compass to draw attention to it.

I am going to give this one to my DH who is having a rough time at work just to remind him that we'll always be OK as long as we sail our boat together.


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - I love the image

    Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Tara! I love how you created the waves with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Tara! It's so clean and I love the paper piecing! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sea you made with this background Tara and the sentiment is gorgeous - you are a romantic! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it... A non slushy way to say 'I love you' :0)
    Te fanfare waves are just like a rough sea .
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips