Thursday 25 April 2013

Tilted!

This month's PTI Blog Hop required designs to be tilted, and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to play with Quilled Elegance as I fell in love with that set as soon as I saw it but haven't played with it nearly enough yet.  http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/04/april-2013-blog-hop.html


I wanted to colour it with shimmer paints (luminarte) so started in the centres with a spiced red, then pumkin orange, and a bright yellow, with just a little hint of lime green - it ended up looking quite psychadelic (not my original intention but I really like the finished result!)   I used peart tart ink for the sentiment to bring the green in a little more.  I think I might add a few little green gems too to match the shimmer (honestly it shimmers lots but I just can't get it to photograph!) - or perhaps its better as a flat card for mailing.  What do you reckon?  Bling or no bling?  Yeah, Shakesapeare got it wrong - THAT really is the question ;-)

As this is a CAS one layer card - it's also my entry for this week's Paper Players Challenge http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/paper-players-challenge-142.html


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What a perfect stamp set to use for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rainbow color scheme. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I bet it really sparkles in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous colors, and I love the angle of the banner across the front. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. Love hpow you stamped that image twice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS card, your colors are fun and your design funky! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the Tilted Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the fun colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. And, your Shakespeare quote cracked me up. He really did now know what was important.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Love the angle and the shimmery paint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love the angled sentiment, and those gorgeous rich colors. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card!!! Love the bold, bright, happy colors!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is better with bling! (Well, almost everything!) Love your bright and colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very, very pretty! I love the fresh color combo and how you "tilted" the design. Truly a one-layer stunner! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooo I like the psychedelic colours, this set always reminds me of the sort of doodling I used to do in school lessons!!! Perfect for the tilted look :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips