Thursday 11 April 2013

Status Update: 18 today

We had an 18th Birthday in the family this week and now the card is open I'm safe to blog it.  I had such fun making this card - lots of bling but still very masculine and very trendy with all the facebook like words and icons.


I used the brilliant set from Mama Elephant plus one stamp (status update) from Sn@p and just blue and grey ink.  Drawing some feint pencil lines helped get the sentiments all lined up nicely.  The 18 was cut with my cameo and then I used pinflair gel to cover the area under the negative die cut and lined up the black sequins in rows (painfully slow but worth the effort for the finished effect)

As I had stamped the sentiments to form a background over the die cut, I'm going to enter it into the stamp your own background challenge at Make My Monday this week http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/create-your-own-background.html



8 comments:

  1. What a funky cool card, Tara! Love that sparkly 18!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read your post my mouth started to drop open as I realised that you had actually stamped that background! It is perfect Tara and must have been quite hard to get it that accurate. The blingy number 18 looks great against it too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a huge amount of work you have put into this. Wonderful, a very lucky recipient,
    Thanks for playing along at Make My Monday this week,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth it for an 18th... I still have all my cards from that long ago!! Lol
    Brilliant stamping and great patience = a super card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card for a difficult age group. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card the background is amazing... Thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in with my DIY background challenge at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips