Saturday 13 April 2013

More Film Inspiration

I said I'd try and come up with something a bit less obvious for this week's LIM film inspiration challenge and Gillian's Monster's Inc card (No 5 in the gallery) lead me down the Pixar path - we LOVE all the pixar movies in our house but our favourite has to be "UP" and my first card is quite a literal translation for a scene from the film.


I used a house stamp from Maya Road and then masked a balloon from Mama Elephant repeatedly and "tied" them all to the roof, just like Carl does in the film, only I just had to use a pen ;-)   The house is brightly coloured just like in the film.  I thought the sentiment also from Mama Elephant Good Times was perfect as it really summed up the theme of the movie.


This one might not be quite so obvious - it's a little bull from Mama Elephant's Cosmic Stars set and IRL I've coloured him red but it looks brown in the photo.  The idea of the red was to make him angry which should give you a clue to the film.............     Raging Bull of course!

My final card is also my entry to CASology this week where the trigger word is "Travel"  http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/week-39-travel.html


I was inspired by Blue Thunder - a film from the 80's which centres around a helicopter.  I went with a blue base (made more sense than having a blue helicopter on a different coloured sky!) and cut a mat with a circular cut out to create a circular slider card and added a helicopter (Clearly Besotted's Going Places).  I stuck 2 x 5 pence pieces behind the helicopter separated with a round foam pad so that the helicopter to can fly in circles around the card.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I coloured the helicopter with copics and fussy cut.  Very CAS but cute and fun (unlike the film that inspired it!)

I think that's all my film inspiration exhausted now.



15 comments:

  1. Wow, three cards! Great masking for the first one although I must admit I've never heard of the film. Fabulous idea for your Blue Thunder card and so CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Blue Thunder card is a perfect CAS card for this week's cue card! What a sweet little helicopter image and your colouring is excellent! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I love the interactivity of the Blue Thunder card - it's complex in design and yet still so CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yaaaay! I was hoping somebody would do up! I love that film. All your cards are fan though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous films and fabulous cards, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little slider card is adorable and the Raging Bull card made me chuckle. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great cards ! I especially like the Up one :)
    Best wishes,Nessa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards! I got the first one easily - love UP such a heart warming movie. As for Raging Bull - don't be silly, that's the cutest little bull I've seen! Love the travel card too. You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More fabulous cards Tara, I love the little bull's face and your idea for UP is fab!
    Thanks as ever.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's all fab Tara, you're really on a roll today :0)
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful cards! I love the interactive helicopter...how cool and yet still CAS! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fab Tara! I got the first one as soon as I saw it! Love that film too...love the talking dogs lol! I think my fave is your helicopter card though! What an awesome idea that I will deffo be CASing! :)

    I'd love it if you'd come follow me on my new blog where I post almost every day now!
    www.creatinandstampin.blogspot.co.uk
    Hugs,
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly were inspired Tara! I've glossed over Alien as the memory of it gives me palpitations... but all your cards are perfect representations of the films. My favourite card is your Blue Thunder card, SO CAS and SO clever; my favourite film amongst these is UP which is genius. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. eek!! that little bull is the cutest and a clever way to interpret the film too :0)
    All three are brilliant... but love the interactive element of your helicopter card the best :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab cards and great films tara love the blue one. Sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips