Sunday 14 April 2013

Marvellous Magnolias


This week's Tuesday Trigger over in the Moxie Fab World really caught my attention so I thought I'd play along and I've just about managed to get my entry in before the deadline http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/04/tuesday-trigger-magical-magnolias.html


Now you might well be looking at my card and wondering what the hell it has to do with Magnolias!  Well we've been watching a TV show recently with Keifer Sutherland called "Touch" and in it his son has the ability to see the mathematical in the world around us and I'm learning, even though though I'm a math-o-phobe, just how much maths there is in the natural world.   So I saw the pattern in the branches and interpreted that into the fretwork white frame which I cut on my cameo, and I took the colours in the flowers and pieced the pattern back into the frame (I cut it 3 times from different card stocks).  To add the hint of orange in the petals, I turned to my go to embellishment of the moment - are you fed up of sequins yet?  I hope not as I have LOTS of them to get through!!!

So that's how I saw the trigger image - hope you see I'm not so crazy now.......



12 comments:

  1. Oh, LOVE! Way to think outside the box and go non-literal with this trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your unique and very elegant take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very clever card, Tara and it's gorgeous! Sequins are very on trend right now - they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your take on the inspiration photo. Your card is simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I love this. Great design and I'm drawn in because I totally adore shapes like this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tara! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've really captured the colours perfectly here Tara and I love your mathsy idea! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderfully creative design! looks like a stained glass window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's quite clever, like how you thought outside the box for this design.
    The sequins are fab for that pop of yellow gold too :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so clever, love how you saw the trigger and expanded the design to fit your creation. Beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't equate it to anything mathematical, but I saw the connection immediately. It's a beautiful rendition of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips