Monday 22 April 2013

Kraken' Birthday

I hope children won't be scared of the big sea monster on my card today - whilst I've gone punny with a Kraken for my sentiment, I think he's a pretty friendly looking sea monster and therefore appropriate for a childs card and this week's Daring Cardmakers dare http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/childs-play.html



The sentiment is computer generate and then the rest of the card is made from one of the really fun XCut Build a Scene die sets from DoCrafts - paper piecing all those suckers in his tentacles took a while even though I did it using sticky card stock for speed!   (and yes there are 2 tentacles missing - I used artist licence when I was loosing the will to live with all the little pieces and decided 6 were sufficient!!!)


7 comments:

  1. I think the other two tentacles are under the watercatching fish.
    This is fab Tara, he`s a very cute octopus but I don`t envy you all that paper piecing.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the other tentacles are clutching the lifeless bodies of his prey beneath the waves... no of course not! He's a very cute Kraken! Love it Tara! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card... I hadn't noticed his missing two legs until you said...... that's what he's using to tread water with!!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Kraken - and the pun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in with my Child's Play challenge at the Daring Cardmakers blog this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fun clever card, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tara
    Gorgeous fun card... Hope you are well
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips