Tuesday 16 April 2013

Gift Voucher

Something a little different today - not quite a card - although from first glance I guess it could look like one from the photo!


It is actually a gift voucher for my Mum for her birthday next week but I've already given it her so it's safe to blog.  Now in her 70s she doesn't get out much - I do her shopping each week on a Sunday but that meant she was missing out on a days worth of TV listings which start in the UK on a Saturday.  So, lacking any bright ideas for a gift, I've subscribed to the TV times for her and her first issue arrives today (hence giving her the voucher this morning.

I used my favourite Paper Smooches set - Boob Tubes - which was the first set I bought from them - love the vintage TVs which are really useful for masculine cards normally but fit the gift perfectly here.  I paper pieced the 4 different sets with scraps of DP from my snippets box before colouring the screens with a grey copic and stamping some of the sentiments from the set (the ! is the i turned upside down incidentally)  I matted it onto a piece of kraft so the copics didn't show through and so I could put a poem on the back explaining the gift (I'll not share that as Pam Ayres I'm not!)

I'm linking it up to this week's Paper Piecing Challenge over at The Pink Elephant http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-pink-elephant-challenge-tpe195.html


5 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!
    I love those retro tv's...
    and I think it's perfect for a birthday/gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so thoughtful for you, Tara - I bet she loved it! I love how you did the paper piecing and used the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a pressie Tara and thee perfect way to present it too. The line up of TV's is cool, especially set at the jaunty angles :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are full of brilliant ideas Tara! Love this voucher and the vintage TVs although I would've loved to have seen the poem! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable...love the CAS design! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips