Saturday 6 April 2013

Flowers and Feathers

My mojo seems to have gone on strike which is a bit of a bugger as I have lots of cards to make!  I had several attempts to make a card for CASual Friday last night with the idea of kissing a chevron stamp to a flower - they are all in the bin and I actually gave up on crafting in favour of housework last night so that might tell you how far my mojo went!

However, I am determined by nature, so I'm back this morning for another go and the black and lime colour combo at Less is More this morning lead me to my black and white chevron washi tape and before I knew it I had something not so terrible that I can post to both challenges - http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/cfc97.html  and http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/week-114-colour-challenge.html


I lined up 3 strips of washi tape to make it a continuous chevron pattern and then stamped a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Frame Sentiment set underneath in pear tart ink.  I die cut a flower from lime green felt (IRL it's very close to pear tart in colour but I cannot for the life of me get a good photo of it) and rolled it (think it's an MFT die) and added some die cut leaves using a Wplus9 die.  Finished with a simple gem in the middle.

As Stephanie is sponsoring LIM today and I got her new release yesterday, I thought I'd share another card I made - no challenge involved this time I have just been waiting for this set since I saw the sneaks so couldn't wait to play with it.


I started with the largest feather in the set and stamped it into some cloud clay which I rolled out - if you haven't discovered cloud clay it's amazing air dry clay that is super light so perfect for using on cards.  If you ink your stamps with versamark you can stamp into the clay and your stamps don't get stuck.  I let the clay dry a little and then simply trimmed the feather with scissors.   I then stamped another feather in versamark to capture all the lovely detail top to toe to form a border across the kraft card base.  Once fully dry, I heat embossed one of the fabby sentiments from the set in white to match the clay feather, drew some white lines to frame it all and stuck the clay feather over the top with pinflair glue.


28 comments:

  1. Your creative mojo has definitely returned, Tara. Both your cards are fab! I really like your first card, such a striking design and I love those colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love your first card - the felt flower is gorgeous

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first card, very striking. And the clay feather on your second card is fabulous! Caggy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It's on the blog....pinning away lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both especially your LIM card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just terrific Tara, I love the LIM card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe your mojo has left you, Tara - these are both gorgeous! I love the first for the pop of yellow and how you used the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards! I love the bold drama with the black and white and those gorgeous green flowers! I'm afraid I need that feather stamp too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding! Love the pop of green against the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards Tara but the LIM one is so striking!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Tara your lime and black is stunning and love the simplicity of your feather card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby design in lime and black-love it !Best wishes,Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Tara - your card inspired one of mine. Isn't the lime-&-black a fab combination?!

    Dormouse (dormouse.wibsite.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Tara - you may have misplaced your mojo for a while, but housework!!!! However, you've really found it on these cards - love, love the bold chevron and green flower. And I think the dimension and texture of the feather is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous cards, love the flower on the top card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don`t you just hate it when your mojo gives up the ghost? Looks like he popped back in the nick of time though as both your cards are fabulous.
    Love the LiM one, at least your green flower doesn`t look like a cabbage or a head of lettuce lol, it`s beautiful.
    The feather one is fab too, think I might need that stamp ;-)
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards Tara, I have had Mojo problems but luckily my SU stash means there's usually something that tickles my fancy :-) LOL I just need a bigger craft room! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. tara you cards are fabulous and i really love the feather!!

    Love how you use the Lime and Black on the first card too. Sorry I'm late visiting. Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards - loving your lime felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards. I especially love the LIM card - the black and white chevron pattern is perfect with the lime flower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is soooooo attractive, it automatically catches ur attention :) very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two really gorgeous card ! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous lime flower on the chevrons Tara, love the texture of the felt for added dimension and the clay feather is amazing... great card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning cards! The top one really caught my eye in the LIM gallery with the lime flower & chevrons! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your grren card with the chevron. Mine is similar except I used just black & white with 2 flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous cards Tara :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. awesome card- thanks for playing along with us at cas-ual fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips