Saturday 13 April 2013

Aliens

The theme this week at Less is More is to be inspired by a film - my title gives mine away but don't fear - no face huggers here - just some cute green critters!  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/one-layer-week-115.html


He's from the There She Goes "Out of this World" set and I just masked the central one and stamped a couple of buddies to either side.  Cos it's one layer week, I had to skip my normal copic colouring medium as it shows on the inside and that bugs me, so I went with polychormos pencils and blending solution instead.  The dots are from a sakura glitter pen.  The sentiment is from the same set and, although it doesn't snow so clearly in the photo, is stamped with an appropriately Alien looking neon green ink (Hero Arts)

I might have another go at this challenge late as I'm sure I can come up with something a bit more obscure but this was my first thought this morning.  Off to the craft shop first though so I'll catch you later.


15 comments:

  1. They are so much fun, Tara! Love how you coloured them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah our cards as similar,my hubby would love this as his favourite film is 'Alien'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your not-very-scarey Alians :)
    Gorgeous colouring,best wishes,Nessa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Tara xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. I love the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your monsters look a lot friendlier than the revolting one in the film.
    Brilliant sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable little critters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they are so cute! I love the movie, but these guys are so much friendlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and a superb card Tara!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous aliens Tara - love them!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Tara, funny card your aliens look so adorables :D:D:D, fantastic colouring.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only the aliens had been like these I might have watched it!! Lol
    These are cute Tara and make a great 'greetings' card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. tara Fab card and great film. Sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cute little aliens! Perfect for the challenge...and the coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips