Friday 25 January 2013

CASual Markers

The challenge at CASual Fridays this week is right up my street - they just want us to use markers on our project  http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/cfc87.html

Well if you know me, even just a little bit, then you know how attached I am to my pens - especially my copics - so joining in on this one was a no brainer and I may well be back later this week with more, but for today I'm sharing a card I made for our Receptionist at work to give to her niece who's birthday is today.


The image is one of my favourites from Kraftin Kimme - reminds me of Saturday Night Fever!  I coloured the disco diva using copics mostly but finished her boots, belt and earrings with a gold promarker adding yellow stickles over the top for the extra touch of golden shimmer.  I used a square kraft card as my base and cut a piece of of extra kraft card which I embossed with a hexagon spellbinders embossing folder to cover half of it, with a piece of green dotted DP for the bottom onto which I stamped a sentiment from PTI.  I fussy cut the diva leaving a small white border and simple stuck her over the two halves of paper which were themselves popped up on foam for a little dimension.

I'm also going to enter this into the new Keep It Simple challenge which is dry embossing http://kis-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/kis-6-dry-embossing.html

Stamps:   Disco Donna, Movers and Shakers Sentiments

9 comments:

  1. Fab card, love that image. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Austin Powers would say, "Groovy Baby!" Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!! I love this card Tara. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Tara and great colouring..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous job coloring!!! I am really digging those gold boots!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Love the glitter on the boots!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that one is retro!
    The embossing compliments the Image perfectly. Well done!
    Thanks o lot for playing along at keep it simple!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that image! I need it for my sister-in-law as we love to dance! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A disco diva card, how cool is that! Your colouring is great...
    Love the hexagon background.
    Thanks for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips