Tuesday 29 January 2013

Camera Window

I'm back to cross off another card off the list of the challenge I've set myself to complete all 75 challenges in this Paper Crafts special issue.   This one however is also one of the challenges picked out by Cath as a Moxie Fab challenge so I am naturally going to enter it to the challenge there too  http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/01/75-creative-card-challenges-week_8.html

This particular challenge is No 60 on the list (you can see all the ones I've completed here) and is simply to use a window on your card.   I made this card for my husband, who loves photography so I decided to make my "window" the lens of a camera.  The camera which was a design I cut  using my silhouette and pieced together the layers after colouring with copics.  I added some vellum to the flash area and covered in it stickles and added a red gem for the light.  I used a gate fold kraft base card and added a sentiment from PTI's movers and shakers on the outside with it's partner sentiment on the inside.  It was a little plain so I added some dotted lines for interest around the edges and took care the line the camera up so the lens was in the middle of the card which is important when you see the inside.....



I also included the shutter on the inside of the card, and when they open, they reveal a hidden image - cute n'est pas?  I learnt how to make the shutter part of the card using the magic marquee technique from a class I took last year taught by the marvelous Julie Ebersole - don't you just love her laugh?   I could listen to her videos all day long she just brightens my day!   This was why my lens had to be centralised, or the mechanism wouldn't have opened fully.


I stamped the cameras from the "Oh Snap" set from There She Goes - one of my all time favourite stamp sets to add interest to the inside and popped the sentiment on a red banner to make it pop - its quite small on the photo but it reads "a birthday as special as you are".


Finally, inside my second window I hid my other favourite There She Goes set - one of the little solid "Lovebot" images which is only revealed when you fully open the "shutter".

It was quite a fiddly card to make, but I had fun doing it and gave a little whoop of satisfaction when I finally got the shutter mechanism working smoothly (tip - a nice shiny coated card stock really helps here)

5 comments:

  1. Tara such an clever card...just love it

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this!! Great work! I may just have to CASE this for Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, seriously impressive Tara! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is seriously amazing, love the extra surprise inside, I remember that tutorial.... Great job for a totally unique card Tara :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tara! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips