Tuesday 18 December 2012

My first big publication

This week's challenge at Less is More is the perfect opportunity to share a card I made over 6 months ago which I will be giving to my DH for our Anniversary next month which is the theme at LIM this week http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/week-98-anniversary.html

 

I haven't been able to share it before though as it was accepted for publication in the latest issue of Paper Crafts magazine in the States.  I was soooooo excited when I got my "happy mail" email letting me know my submission was accepted - I'm sure they heard me scream across the Atlantic.  This is the magazine, and here's the cropped page showing my card with the new graphic showing I'm a first time designer :-D    When it landed on my doorstep and I flicked through to find my entry I had another little scream - needless to say the grin just keeps on growing.............


Very simple design using one MFT stamp set with some tiny gems, some glitter paper and a PTI die cut heart which was layered up to make a dimensional piece before being covered in glossy accents.  As it was for a fella I paired the glitter and gems with newsprint and kraft cardstock to give it an overall masculine feel and tone done the bling ;-)

12 comments:

  1. I get this magazine on subscription and saw your card - so thrilled for you!! It's just fabulous!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, Tara, congratulations!!! This is amazing news! I never have the nerve to send my cards in for publication...I'm just too scared! Way to go, girl! It's a fabulous card, too! LOVE the red gems! GORGEOUS! I hope you'll join me at Technique Tuesday this month! Happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Well done you.It`s a fabulous card and well worth the publication. OMG Tara, worldwide recognition eh?
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Tara, fab card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Tara!
    Many congratulations and well done you!
    It's simply tremendous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tara
    Congrats... To you well deserved.... Fabulous card....
    HugsvSylvie xxx
    Happy Christmas.. Tara
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Tara - your CAS cards are perfect for this mag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you Tara. I'm not surprised you squealed. Great card and I love the sentiment. Hope all goes well with you and yours. Merry Christmas Zx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww fabby Tara and congratulations!! So happy for you! :)
    Please pop on over to my new blog and become a follower :)
    http://creatinwithstampinup.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow Tara .. .. how amazing.

    Huge congratulations!!!!

    Your card "IS" gorgeous. I love the newsprint and kraft look.

    Hope you are having a good week and are managing to get all those last minute Christmas things sorted.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tara, Huge congratulations, what a smashing card and so lovely to be published, well done:0) Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips