Saturday 6 October 2012

Silver Christmas

Happy World Card Making Day everyone - hope you're all managing to find a little time to play.  I've been struggling for time at the weekends recently so was determined to make some "me time" today and to spend it in my craft room.  I put my blinkers on, ignored the mess and  so far I have 3 cards to share!

My cards were inspired by this week's Less is More challenge which is simply to use silver http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/week-88-colour.html

I got some AMAZING new stamps today from Stephanie who all you CAS fans will probably know from her blog Stamping and Sharing but yesterday she released her own range of stamps called Clearly Besotted - I ordered them yesterday lunchtime and they were on my doormat first thing this morning and they are FABULOUS!   If you don't believe me, take a look at the set of Christmas cards I made with one of the sets...


I simply stamped and embossed the stripey tree from the Signature Christmas set directly onto a small square card, stamped the spotted tree onto white card and cut it out so I could pop it up on foam in the foreground.  Finished with an embossed sentiment from the same set and a tiny pale blue star shaped gem.


Next I used the stripey wreath again embossed in silver, popped up on foam tape with a few green gem highlights and a matching green bow.  Another great sentiment from the same set.


Finally I used the bauble - this one has 3 different patterns to choose to fill in the middle - I went with spots and added some red metallic tape.  Simple but effective - I'll be making these into sets for Christmas.

Blog Candy
As it's World Card Making Day - I thought I'd give away a little candy to spread the joy - so if you're still with me and would like to add this lovely Fleur de lis Die from Die Versions to your stash, just leave a comment by midnight on Friday and I'll draw a random winner for it next Saturday.


Thanks for visiting - have a good day :-D

29 comments:

  1. Hi Tara
    Wow they stamp up beautifully..... I am going to order noy got round to it yet ... Still not much energy...... I have followed steph's blog for ages love her cards... Do they come from the uk......
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara
    These are amazing, superb designs, what FAB stamps
    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, your cards are gorgeous! So stylish & the splashes of colour work so well with the silver :) You have no idea how happy it makes me to see my stamps used so wonderfully - thank you :) xxx p.s. Happy WCMD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, the stamps are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Tara and I love the candy tfs xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Tara, what beautiful christmas cards!!!, the first one is my fav, great design.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool creations. I love these.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful set of CAS Christmas cards, lovely! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tara these are fabulous. I was looking at these stamps yesterday and mulling them over. After seeing your cards I think an order will be going in.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple and so lovely. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely CAS set of cards - what a way to celebrate card making day

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so classy and elegant with the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super stylish, love the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all so beautiful Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these especially that wreath - gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word, Tara! Your cards are GORGEOUS!!! I love those sentiments...and boy would I love to get my hands on them!! You've rocked the silver challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fabulous Tara, love the Christmas trees, but they are all wonderful!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab cards Tara...I adore Stephanies stamps

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous bunch of cards, lovely new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful selection of CAS Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Tara - simply gorgeous. I actually ordered this set last night and can't wait for them to arrive!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. All fabulous cards , well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are pretty in silver! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous Tara!
    I love those trees!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely set of CAS cards Tara

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Trees are fabulous, love your card.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous cards, Tara, and congrats on your LIM shoutout. I've got that Clearly Besotted set and will definitely doing them in silver, they look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips