Tuesday 28 August 2012

Wedding Wishes

If you are a regular visitor, then you will know that last month I made a tiara for my friend who got married in the Caribbean - well Saturday was their "UK Reception/Celebration" and they both got kitted out in their wedding gear again so I now have a "in use" shot to share. 


I made them a second card, from all the girls in our book group, to go with the gift we bought between us.


I cut the flourish frame on my cameo and created a background (slightly too wide really but I discovered that too late to change it!) using the offset function.  I stamped and embossed the cake from the stampin up love and laughter set onto vellum with white ep with an amber rose heart on top.  I punched some flowers (MS hydrangea) and embossed those too, shaped and added a gem centre.  I used the same amber rose powder with a glue pen in the detail on the flourish and added some more gems around to bring out the details.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment underneath the cake and used a sakura pen to add colour to the holes around the frame.  I mounted onto some maroon ribbed cardstock to make a base and finished with some hand drawn stitches with a white gel pen.

I'm going to squeeze this in just before the deadline on the challenge which is all about weddings or anniversarys over at http://mymumscraftshopchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. Stunning work on both the tiara and the wedding card, Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so breathtaking. What a brilliant wedding card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips