Monday 6 August 2012

Type Hype

The trigger image for this week's Moxy Fab Tuesday Trigger really spoke to me as soon as I saw it, and I started my card last week - I've only just managed to finish it ahead of tonights deadline though!  http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/07/tuesday-trigger-type-hype.html

Aren't those keys totally fab!  I learnt how to type (many many moons ago when I took my secretarial exams) on a typewriter just like this one, only the keys were a lot less interesting as they were all deliberately black with no letters on them at all (you learnt to copy type properly this way as you were forced to look away from your fingers and your finger chart to the side!)  Anyhow the bright keys were what I wanted to focus on so I took my inspiration from those and the shape of the space bar and this is what I came up with:



It's a 3 x 3 inch card.  I stamped and embossed the Hello (Elzybells circular alphabet stamp set) in the colours of the keys from left to right and then added a layer of glossy accents on top for more depth and shine.  Super simple but it really makes me happy!


5 comments:

  1. You have really captured the essence of CAS here on your GREAT card for the Tuesday Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me happy too - I love those glossy buttons! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm smiling at this adorably simple card! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely get the happy! I love the look of the glossy keys. Very fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tara! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips