Monday 2 July 2012

CASual Circles

This week's CASual Friday challenge is to use 2 circles on your card -  http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/cfc59.html  This proved to be a difficult challenge for me - I prefer my focal elements to be in odd numbers not even, and I played around with lots of circles in pairs but didn't like the look of any of them!

However, I got myself a new toy last week - a Silhoutte Cameo and I finally got it hooked up and had a play on Friday night and over the weekend I managed to put together a pair of cards, both with 2 circles that I was happy with. 


For my first card I downloaded this pretty floral circle from the silhoutte store, and the Happy Birthday text and cut them, along with a round base card (I managed to weld that myself) all from white card stock. I had a bit of an issue at first with the weight - 80lb - the US measurement used by the machine didn't translate to gsm the UK weight so I had the blade depth too shallow.  Seem to have cracked it now though.  I then coloured the parts with pink and black copics, glued them down and added a few black gems to the centre of the flowers.  A very quick and simple card but a good start to using my cameo.


I wanted to play some more so I cut another image from the store - this time a "hello" in a circle frame.  I lifted the positive carefully from the cutting mat and then used transfer tape to remove the negative as I noticed it made another perfect circle.  I coloured the positive with copics and layered it over the negative on a tall black card.  As the text was very "loopy" in style I decided to add some loopy DP and some matching green cardstock punched with my MS loop punch.

All in all, not bad for a first outing for the cameo - I think it will do great things once I get my head around it all....


11 comments:

  1. Ooohh, you are so tempting me to get one of those cutting machines, Tara! These are both gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressed with your first go with the cameo!!! I love the pink circle card and that font is so delicate too. It won't take long before your die cutting in your sleep with your new toy :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your cards. I have been seriously considering getting a Cricut - I'll have to put one on my Christmas list.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting on really well with the Cameo!! I think both these cards are super. I love the pink one - very elegant!

    I've had a hard time with the two circles - check out mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I would love one of those machines. Can't wait to see what you do next. Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got your Cameo Tara! Your cards are fab, brilliant for your first ones. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe Tara - you've really got to grips with the cameo. I love what you've made here and like Sarah, I can't wait to see what you make next! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Tars..only wish I had room for a cutting machine

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it, Tara! You rocked that Cameo, girl! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara - the round card is seriously cool, and totally eye-catching! Both cards look great though! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both! 2 really great cards :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays, the Clean And Simple challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips