I used Stampendous Jumbo Cling Peony stamp set just with embossing powders on two sides of the vase. Because the stamps are unmounted it is possible to "wrap" them slightly around the corners. To make it easier to see if I had got them lined up, I used a "dirty" embossing ink pad so I got some colour on the vase before I added powder. I masked off areas of the swirls I didn't want by using seloptape on the stamps when inking. It is a bit scary at first and does take a much longer time for the powders to melt on glass than it does on paper but the finish is quite effective so I will have another go - maybe on something rounder next time.
I am going to enter this into this month's Stampendous Impressions challenge which is simply to make a gift so this definately counts! http://stampendousblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/a-new-may-challenge-and-a-winner-for-april/