Thursday, 3 May 2012

CASEing HAPPY


I do look in on the CASE study challenge every week, and try to play along when I can but I often struggle to find a jumping off point.  I was so inspired by the card this week that I got straight into my craft room to play along immediately. http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/case-study-challenge-89.html


I took my inspiration from the large letters and the colours but switched it up my using a plain black DL card, cutting strips of cards in the same colours as the inspiration cards die cut letter but stamping onto them with a large alphabet stamp set.  I then heat embossed the "birthday" in white down the side rather than putting it into one of the letters.  I like how it turned out and think it would be useful design for masculine cards.

As all the pieces of coloured card I stamped onto are from my snippets stash, I'm going to make it my entry this week into Di's "use up your stash challenge"  http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-18.html   Do join us in the playground and use up your stash too....


12 comments:

  1. I think your CASE is fabulous!!! LOVE the way you stamped the black letters onto bright colors! :) LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Tara - love the way you CASE'd and those colours are fab, perfectly set off by the white sentiment. Super way to use up snippets :)

    Have a nice day!

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Tara! Such a great way to do the lettering and I have loads of chipboard letters to use up - thx for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stencil styled letters are brilliant Tara, I really love your take on the CASE card...... Sort of card you'd see in Paperchase!!! I should know I spend enough time in there drooling over the lovely stuff :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great CASE...luv this!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is terrific. I love this bold and colourful card.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card. Had difficulty working out which one came first! Bit like the chicken and the egg. It's all go down in the playground. There is a rave happening you know. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Tara! I love the bold letters and colors.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how Aga's card immediately struck inspiration for your card! Fabulous job!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those bold blocks of color! So glad you were inspired by our Muse this week. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips