Saturday 21 April 2012

Christmas snowflakes

The theme for this week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is snowflakes http://52cct.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/theme-challenge-4.html and Moving Along with the Times http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/merry-christmas-from-mawtt.html also want to see Christmas cards this week so I'm entering my card into both challenges.




I started with the DP and went for non-standard Christmas colours of pinks, purples, blacks and greys.  The papers are from a papermania 8x8 stack and to finish I simply embossed a die cut shape with black glitter embossing powder and then embossed a wooden snowflake with, appropriately enough, snowflake twinkle embossing powder.  An AB gem adds extra sparkle to the centre.  The sentiment was embossed over the DP strip with fine detail white powder.


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous contemporary colours for Christmas...love the strip of black organza ribbon too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am LOVING the colors on this!!! Gorgeous creation!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love the DP's and the snowflakes are lush :o)
    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! I adore this paper and I really like the ribbon and snowflake embellishment too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara what a great card, love the non-trad colours
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the non traditional colours on this card and I can see it taking centre stage on some lucky person's mantelpiece at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Tara - really contemporary and very striking. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tara

    I love this very much.

    Great layered snowflake!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you brought all these different elements together Tara - it's a gorgeous card! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, I love snowflakes and non traditional colours for Christmas card and your pretty card ticks all the boxes - fab! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips