Saturday 24 March 2012

LIM Take 3 Challenges

This week's Less is More challenge is to pick 3 of their past challenges and combine them.  I decided to start with Challenge 1 as my basis as I didn't find the blog until week 2 so missed the first one!

My chosen weeks were:

Week 1 Pink Black and White
Week 12  Off centre
Week 14 Embossing (although this was one layer week and I haven't made a one layer card so it may not count)
Week 16 Butterflies
Week 43 Bit of Bling

This is the result:

I cut 4 butterflies with my embosslit die but I "un-embossed" the top layer so I could emboss it more on both wings.  I stitched the 4 layers together and added some pink gems to the middle.  I inked a Hero Arts swirly grass in black and added the butterfly to it grass.  I cut two of the tiny butterflies and inked the embossed areas in pink, added a couple of clear gems and finished with a sentiment from the same Hero Arts set in pink.

Thanks for all your comments last week - I seem to be over the worst of the effects from the  tablets and am no longer a dizzy-dummy :-)


33 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Tara
    It's fine that you didn't do the one layer, we only want to see that challenge.
    Really glad you are feeling better
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the pink accents on the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Tara, i hope you're better:D.
    Beautiful card Tara, very elegant, i love your fantastic butterfly.
    A hug from Palma and take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you`re feeling better Tara. Your card is stunning. I love the swirly grass stamp, right up my street, and your butterflies are lovely.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love were you placed the sentiment. Glad you feel better.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Tara and glad you're on the mend!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is tremendous Tara, and I was so pleased to hear that you are feeling a little better. Long may it continue!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Tara! Love the extra embossing on the butterfly! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are so good at LIM Tara - mine just look bloody messy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely and I love how the red just makes your card pop!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning butterfly! The embossed detail is fabulous. I really like the swirl and the layout of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tara - I seem to have missed loads of gorgeous cards that you've made! This one is a beauty with the embossed butterflies and the swirly grasses. I love that you made your husband that fabulous card to say thank you for his support while you were ill and I'm so glad you seem to be on the mend now. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your style, that swirl goes so well with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw your card on "less is more" - it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layered butterfly and the flourish is fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Tara, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous use of the flourish!! Awesome card~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi tara
    Fabby card ......
    Hugs
    Sylvie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fabulous design..... Love the embossed butterfly :0)
    So glad you are getting past the dizziness and hope you are getting your blood pressure under control too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful! I've only just discovered LIM and I hope to aspire to a card like this one day! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tara what a stunning card, love your butterfly
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just beautiful, what a fab effect you've achieved.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty card. The flourish really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah...what a beautiful job you did on this one, Tara!! LOVE that embossed butterfly...and look at you getting ALL those challenges included!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips