Friday 10 February 2012

CASual paperpiecing

The challenge this week at CASual Friday is simply to paperpiece your image.  I had to play along as soon as I got home as paperpiecing is probably my favourite technique.  This is my second card, my first was a more complex image which didn't work as well as I thought it would.  This is really simple but works better.


Recipe:
Kraft base card
Papersmooches Sunny Side Up
Picket fench distress stain
Snippets of paper from stash

If you want to use up some snippets - play along here, http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2012/02/cfc39.html and also join in with the weekly challenge to use up your snippets by joining Di in the snippets playground.  http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/02/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-number.html  I must admit it's my first visit since Di took over from Jules - sorry Di - will try harder!

12 comments:

  1. Great card Tara love your bright kites

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card! So bright and cheerful - dare I say uplifting - and great use of snippets. Super to see you in the snippets playground with us - it's hopscotch right now as suggested by Maggie :) You'll see that things are a little unruly at times these days :( Have a great weekend! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colourful kites Tara, a great image for paper piecing!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your kites are adorable!! I just love paper piecing :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rally lovely card, Tara! Love the colours - really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A high flying card here! Lovely paper piecing. Great way to use up your snippets x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this! Love the colors, so bright and cheerful.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely use of Snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your bright snippets kites! The clouds look really good, too!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh a great idea for snippets.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute card! I love the clouds, and the kites area adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips