Friday 20 January 2012

CASual penguins

Well actually there isn't a penguin in sight on the card - but it is just black and white in honour of Penguin Awareness Day in the USA (20th January, no honestly it is!) and the CASual Friday girls took that as their inspiration for an entirely black and white challenge.......

http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2012/01/cfc36.html

As I've been taking the online card class this week, I adapted one of Jennifer's fabulous ideas to create your own die cut chip boards, to make my own chip board stickers.


I got some wonderful new stamps from Papersmooches today and the adorable little sheep was the perfect candidate to go black and white with.  I stamped him 6 times, cut him out carefully with scissors and layered them up on top of each other so it has the dimensional quality of chipboard.  On the top layer I added puff paint to the body and googly eyes to the head.  Finished with a couple of strips of black card and the appropriate sentiment from the set.


I really liked the idea so, whilst its not for CASual Friday, I decided to play around with another of the images from the set.  I stamped the little tortoise 6 times again and cut him out (a bit easier than the sheep I have to say!)  This time I coloured the top image with copics and covered him in glossy accents to give him that real dimensional sticker look.  I also added a tiny googly eye which I think makes him extra cute, as does the fun sentiment to go with him. 


It is a bit time consuming, but I think the layering of images makes for a great CAS look.

Catch you later
Craftilicious x

12 comments:

  1. OMG these are so cute and all that fussy cutting too was so worth it Tara :) I couldn't resist these stamps either, must ink them up :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable both cards . love that adorable sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely adorable!! Both cards are pure delight!! So glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS!! Your cutting of the sheep images 6 times really pays off! LOVE this darling card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see your beautiful work again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That puffy little guy is so cute! A fun creation for sure! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both totally brilliant Tara! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the googly eyes!!! Both cards are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooo CUTE!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so darn cute, especially with the eyes. I love layered images too.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, these are darling! I love your sheep one. So happy you played along with CAS-ual Friday this week! And even though the turtle isn't for the challenge, he's too cute to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is adorable. I love the googlie eye! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips