Thursday 12 January 2012

52 Christmas Card Challenge Sketch Week

I almost missed the 52 CCT this week and am just squeezing my entry in before the deadline - not great for week 2 - promise to try harder next week.  This week they have a nice simple sketch for us to follow   http://52cct.blogspot.com/2012/01/sketch-challenge-1.html

I struggled with ideas as I had planned on using my nbew magnolia which holds a sign but I wanted it to hold a circle and it wouldn't.  So I decided to add snowflakes around my circle instead.  Strip of matching snowflake backing paper  on a gold base card and a few red gems to finish.  Not sure it looks all that festive but it will have to do for this week.



I just found out that I got an honourable mention for my first card for this challenge too - thanks so much for picking me ladies.  http://52cct.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-honor-and-honorable-mentions.html

6 comments:

  1. Another beautiful entry!!! LOVE the colors you've used--so nontraditional (which I LOVE). :) Thanks for joining us again this week--hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the snowflakes on this one - thanks for joining in again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Tara..gorgeous colour combination...hopefully I might get to join in this new challenge next week when its not so hectic

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara - a lovely card for Christmas - I adore snowflakes on Christmas cards! Congrats on the honourable mention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are your Indian spices online shop, specializing in everything from curry mixes to masala kits and individual herbs and spices. As all good cooks know, you can't create the perfect dish without the right ingredients - we're here to make sure that you've always got exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips