Sunday 1 January 2012

Warm Birthday Wishes

It's my friends birthday today and as she has spent Christmas skiing in France I wanted a winter image for her card - I was sure I had Stamping Bella's Snowbunny in my stash but I think I must have just liked it a lot when I've seen others use it as I definitely don't have it (yet).  So, as I had my Bella file out, I opted for Quinn, one of the Uptown Girls.


She is stamped onto kraft card and coloured with pencils with a little sansoder for blending and a gold promarker for the buttons and coat trim.  I used the warm wishes sentiment that she comes with, but then added "on your birthday" using words from the say it loud set from Waltzingmouse.  I used a reverse corner punch on the image and the blue matt, then added a snowflake DP from DCWV to a plain kraft card base.

I am going to enter this into the Little Miss Muffet Challenge this week which is anything goes  http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/12/challenge-25-anything-goes.html  and if you check out the site you can get a cute wintery freebie image to play with too :-D

It's also anything goes over at aud sentiments http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/challenge-44-winner-of-43-and-dt-call.html  so I'm entering their challenge too.


Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Tara - this is just lovely, I'm sure your friend will love it. I do like the softness of colour you get when using pencils on kraft card. I really must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Craftilicious, one very lucky friend to be receiving this card it is soooo pretty.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day, I'll be brave enough to try coloring on kraft paper. I love the effect. Great card, layering, and image! Thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet.

    Cleota
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous c&s card, love your fab coloring
    thanks for playing with us at little miss muffet this week
    hugs
    céline GDT member
    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Tara just love working with Kraft card..beautifully coloured

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips