Friday 18 November 2011

Peace on earth

I'm back again with another Waltzingmouse Christmas card for the Christmas Card Challenge and this time I'm tackling the April Challenge which was to include snow on your card.  I've used this weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge as the basis for this card so its an entry for that too.


This is my interpretation of it - a snowflake covered background of decorative paper with some elegant black ribbon and a couple of layered buttons.  I stamped one of the gorgeous baubles from 2011 Holiday Oranments in silver onto black shrink plastic - cut it by hand and made a shrinkie-dink bauble as my dangly element.  I finished with a simple sentiment in black to match the ribbon using the Say it Loud Winter Hoilday set.


I'm really having fun making all these Christmas cards one after the other so am glad I decided to play along late in the day.

Catch you later.


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely CAS design with the WMS sketch! love your ornament and pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and stunning! How cute is that ornament hanging from the bow? Thanks for joining us for this week's WMS Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, elegant but so lovely...


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is pure CAS gorgeousness Tara! really cute mini ornament :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your CAS Christmas cards Tara - this one's beautiful with the snowy background and the shrinky bauble and I love the gorgeous holly card in the previous post too. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the shrinky little bauble charm you made x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the CAS design and that little ornament charm is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous - I love the clean, simple and elegant design. The black ornament is so sweet. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is SO Sweet!! Love the ornament charm, and the sentiment. It's a great design, simple & charming. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soft and serene, a perfect little flurry of a card! Love the blues and the teeny ornament against the snowy background! So glad you could play along with the WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips